Providing a built environment that exceeds client’s expectations and contributes to their success excites me most about what we do.
David Hassard, AIA
Principal Emeritus, Architect
Born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit, David became interested in architecture at a young age. He left the urban grit of the motor city to attend college in Arizona and chose to remain in the Southwest locating to Albuquerque in 1976. David joined SMPC in 1981 rising through the ranks to Principal in 2000 and President in 2012. In 2019 David became Principal Emeritus, but remains active managing projects and supporting efforts on aviation-related contracts. David is well-respected for his leadership, thorough project management, and tenacious organizational skills. He brings years of solid experience to the firm which is reflected in many of the firm’s high profile and award-winning projects.
In the office he is an acclaimed conference caller and a loyal Diet Coke fan. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, golfing, skiing, and traveling to faraway places in between.
- Bachelor of Architecture, Arizona State University, Tempe
- Registered Architect: New Mexico, Arizona, Texas
- NCARB Certified
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Member, New Mexico Architectural Foundation
- Member, National Association of Industrial Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Member, NAIOP Growth Committee
- Corporate Member, Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Fire Protection Association