“All great buildings start in Excel” – said no great architect ever
Erik Mease, AIA
Erik’s passion for architecture began as a child, during visits to his godfather’s architecture office. A native of Albuquerque, Erik spent several years in the Midwest, where he attended grad school and worked for architecture firm CannonDesign. His contributions helped bring the firm numerous local and national awards. When he returned to New Mexico he rediscovered his appreciation for the variety of cultures, the authenticity of the people, and the subtle beauty of the high desert landscape.
Erik believes that successful outcomes are often achieved by cultivating trusting relationships. Using his passion for drawing, Erik works to clearly communicate information, explore ideas, discover opportunities, and build consensus with clients and team members. Erik’s portfolio of work includes an array of complex projects, which has enhanced his leadership ability to optimize team members, seek solutions and deliver results.
Erik joined SMPC in 2014 and became a principal in March of 2019. He is active in the professional community as a member of the AIA Albuquerque Board and the Association for Learning Environments. Outside the office, Erik spends his free time tallying miles on his bike and spending time with his wife and two boys.
- Master of Architecture, Washington University, St. Louis, MO
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- VISTA Member, AmeriCorps, Albuquerque
- Registered Architect: New Mexico, Missouri
- Member, American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- AIA Albuquerque Chapter Board Member, Education Co-Director
- Member, NAIOP
- Association for Advanced Learning (A4LE), Albuquerque Chapter, Co-President