I’m passionately curious about the world around me and how the built environment can promote stronger connections to that world.
Jackie Bryan, AIA
Previous to completing degrees in both architecture and landscape architecture, Jackie worked as an assistant golf course superintendent and as a residential landscape consultant. She spent time in Arizona, Iowa, South Dakota, and North Carolina before returning to her home state of New Mexico. Living in varied climates fueled her interest in the boundaries between interior and exterior space. She focuses on the thresholds that separate humans from a more natural experience with the environment. Jackie understands the implications of sensitive site design and searches for effective and beautiful strategies that respond to the human conditions and the health of an ecosystem. Joining SMPC in 2015, Jackie has quietly worked her way into some of our biggest projects. Her contemplative approach to design issues instills confidence with the design team and the clients. Free time is spent napping in a hammock or road-tripping with her partner and dogs to obscure landmarks.
- Master of Architecture, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- Master of Landscape Architecture, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque
- Registered Architect, New Mexico
- Member, American Institute of Architects