Revit is not BIM.
Mathew Miller, RA
Mathew’s interest in architecture began in a computer drafting class at Sandia High School. He joined SMPC more than 20 years ago as an AutoCAD drafter and worked steadily to become an SMPC project architect. Mathew has an uncanny affinity with computer drafting and modeling systems and has become well-known for his knowledge and skill with the Building Information Modeling process. His focus to keep staff tooled with the most current technology for drafting and modeling has helped position SMPC as a leader in construction documentation. His speaking engagements at Autodesk University and Revit Technology Conference encourage national-level scrutiny of technical pros and cons that contribute to the improvement of the product tools for the industry. In his personal time, Mathew is devoted to his family. Most often he is escorting his kids to gymnastics and planning on how to augment his collections of comic books and LEGO architecture sets.
- Master of Arts in Architecture, University of Architecture
- Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, University of New Mexico
- Associates of Applied Architecture, Denver Institute of Technology
- Registered Architect: New Mexico
- Member, Construction Specifications Institute
- Vice President, 505 BIM Users group
- Author, Revittize (blog)
- Past Committee Member, U.S. National CAD Standard Project Committee
- Past Chair, U.S. National CAD Standard Uniformed Drawing System (UDS) module task team chair for version 2011-2012