The $20 million project provides both spectator and user amenities allowing NMSU to continue to compete at a high level. New facilities for the basketball and volleyball programs include a practice gym, offices, training and locker rooms and conference areas. Other improvements support the entertainment venue with new loading dock facilities, sound and lighting support systems, and performer’s prep rooms.
The architectural team of SMPC and Populous (formerly HOK SVE) provided a full-scope design and construction observation services for the construction of a 150,000 s.f. renovation and 46,150 s.f. addition to the existing arena.
Athletic improvements for men’s/women’s basketball and women’s volleyball, included an addition of a practice court, dedicated locker rooms, new coaching offices and support spaces, more spacious and efficient office space for the Athletic Department, Aggie Scholarship Association (ASA), and Ticketing and Arena Management. The design includes a new hospitality room that overlooks the arena and proves space for donor groups, entertainers and production crews, which also serve as a viable revenue source for the university.
- $20M building upgrades and arena expansion
- 62,000sf addition to the existing arena
- NCAA Men’s & Women’s Basketball Practice Gym, Women’s Volleyball Gym
- Team Locker Rooms
- Renovated Coaching Offices
- Ticketing and Arena Management Offices
- Upgrades to Concourse Amenities and Concessions
- Concert Performance and Entertainment Configuration with
- Support Systems
- Collaborative Project Team